Shortbread dipped in Chocolate and Pecans
1 c flour
1/4 c sugar
Dash of salt
5 tbsp butter, softened
2 tbsp milk (fat free)
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix the flour, sugar, and salt in a bowl.
- Using a beater, whip the butter until it is soft (or if you're me, still waiting for someone to get your beater off your registry, stir it a little and it will still work, just not be so fluffy).
- Add butter to flour mixture. Add milk and vanilla extract. Form into a soft dough.
- Place dough onto plastic wrap, form into 4" circle.
- Wrap dough and place in fridge for 30 minutes to chill.
- Preheat oven to 350
- Remove dough from fridge, unwrap and place a second piece of plastic wrap on the top.
- Roll dough to 8" circle.
- Spray cooking sheet with a good layer of spray, move dough onto cooking sheet.
- Cut dough in 16 wedges. NOTE: Do not cut all the way though, but rather score the dough into 16 wedges. Use a fork to poke holes in each of the 16 pieces.
- Bake 20 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Once cooled, melt the chocolate wafers in a bowl in the microwave or using a double boiler.
- Dip each wedge into the chocolate, the sprinkle with chopped pecans. Place cookies onto wax paper, allow to cool for 30 minutes or until the chocolate is shiny.