Monday, March 9, 2009

Cheese and Garlic Bread/Green Bean Caserole

d we dicided to make Green Bean Caserole to go along with that. Donald took the time to french cut the green beans, and I made the rest. Since I've never used fresh green beans for this, I'll throw that recipe in here too. 

The cheese and garlic bread was a stroke of genius on my part.  I've had things like this before, but really just made this recipe up on my own. It is so good!  Enjoy. 

Garlic Cheese Bread

Ingredients:

1 c shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 c shredded mozzerella
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp minced garlic (that's right! but you can use less if you don't like it)
2 tbsp sour cream 
6 pieces of italian bread

Directions:

In a small bowl, melt the butter in the microwave for 30 seconds. Add the cheeses and garlic and mix thoroughly. Then add the sour cream. The mix should smooth out a bit. Spread onto bread. 

Note: I buttered my bread first, but I don't think you need to. 

Bake at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes or until the bread begins to brown on the bottom. 

Note 2: I'd add chives to this, for some color.

Green Bean Caserole - Fresh Green Beans!

Ingredients: 

1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 cups french fried onions
3 cups french cut fresh green beans
Pepper

Directions:

Cut the green beans in half, the long way. This takes forever. And ever. Totally worth it. 
Boil the beans in a medium saucepan for 10 minutes or until they are soft. Drain completely in a strainer, then mix with 2/3 cup french onions, the soup, and the milk. top with the rest of the french onions. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.

The main dish here is the raviolo, gorgonzola ravioli from Trader Joe's. 


1 comment:

monica said...

Yum! I'll have to try this. Freddy loves green bean casserole. I do, too, but I don't care for the canned stuff!

Pancake Bunny

Pancake Bunny
Sometimes, I don't know what I'm doing.