Saturday, March 7, 2009

Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies

I'm on a cooking baking frenzy this weekend, I have a few friends I need to provide thank you gifts to and what is better than homebaked cookies! My husband requested these, he loves white chocolate (and he gets to be my "are you sure these are good? no really, are they ok?" guy). As a note, these are very chocolate and less sweet. If you want to make them more sweet, experiment with things like agave sweetner and such, but I wouldn't add much more sugar. 

Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies


Ingredients:

1/2 c butter
3/4 c sugar
1 egg (used egg substitute)
1 tsp vanilla

1c flour
1/3 c dark chocolate cocoa
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt

1 c white chocolate chips
1/2 c semisweet chocolate chips

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350. Put the first 4 ingredients (eggs, sugar, vanilla, butter) into mixer and whisk until fluffy, 3-4 min on medium speed. Don't be me, use the whisk. 

In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients together and then slowly add it to the fluffy moist mixture using a low mixer speed. Allow to mix thoroughly, then add the chips and allow to mix in:

Measure out heaping teaspoon fulls of the batter and put onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 8 - 10 minutes, remove from oven and place onto cooling rack allowing to cool. 

No comments:

Pancake Bunny

Pancake Bunny
Sometimes, I don't know what I'm doing.