Saturday, February 28, 2009

Chicken Sausage Pasta

Another quick dinner for those nights you don't have time to make something extensive. I was craving green beans (weird, I know), and we had some of the Trader Joe's roasted garlic chicken sausage.  This stuff is a lifesaver, seriously.  I threw it into a quick dinner and voila, food!

Easy Chicken Sausage Pasta

Ingredients:

  • 1 package chicken sausage, fully cooked (any flavor will do here, I used roasted garlic, but I think next time I'll try the spinach and apple chardonnay flavor!)
  • Angel hair pasta
  • Olive oil
  • 1/2 tsp basil
  • Side of your choice (veggies!)
Directions:

  1. Boil water for the pasta. 
  2. In a non-stick frying pan, heat a small amout of olive oil. Cut sausage into 1/4 in thick "coins". Heat in the olive oil until they turn slightly brown.  They are pre-cooked, really all you are doing here is heating them up and giving them a good texture.
  3. Cook the pasta and strain, then add immediately to the pot where you were cooking the sausage. Add 2 tsp olive oil and stir together. Add basil. Serve immediately!

No comments:

Pancake Bunny

Pancake Bunny
Sometimes, I don't know what I'm doing.