Thursday, February 26, 2009

Chicken Tacos

Molly requested I blog this recipe, and I have no picture because my camera was dead and I was too lazy to bother to charge it. I'm about 3 months behind in entries, perhaps I will work on that this weekend. 

So without further ado, Chicken Tacos!

Chicken Tacos (picture from Smitten Kitchen, my absolute favorite food blog)


Ingredients:

  • 2 chicken breasts
  • 1/2 white onion, chopped small
  • 2-3 tbsp cumin
  • 1 tbsp chili powder (no, I am not kiding)
  • 1 tbsp minced garlic
  • 1 tsp crushed red pepper
  • Shredded lettuce
  • Diced tomato
  • Shredded cheddar cheese
  • Sour cream
  • Salsa
  • Soft taco shells or hard taco shells
  • Salt and black pepper to taste
  • Olive oil
Directions: 

  1. Boil the chicken with a little salt and olive oil. Once it is cooked through, pull out and shred. Then set it aside to cool. DO NOT THROW AWAY THE WATER YET. You need some of it. 
  2. In a fying pan, heat a little olive oil and cook the onions until they are soft, but not mushy. Add the garlic. 
  3. Add the chicken and cumin, chili powder, red pepper, salt, and pepper to the frying pan. Stir to mix together, then add 1c of the water you boiled the chicken in. 
  4. Allow to simmer for 5 minutes and then taste. Adjust the spices at this time, if you want more spice, add it now!
  5. Serve with your favorite taco toppings. I highly recommend a spoonful or 2 of spicy salsa on top of these with a drop of sour cream. So good. 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Pancake Bunny

Pancake Bunny
Sometimes, I don't know what I'm doing.