Breakfast of Kings (for 2)
100% wheat toast, mexican omelette (cooked hard like I like) and hashbrowns.
2 medium potatos, shredded using a cheese shredder or something like that, they should look like this:
1/4 onion, also shredded
- Heat olive oil in a medium pan, the oil and pan need to be very hot. We used our express burner on medium high.
- Add the potato and onion to the pan, add salt and pepper.
- Cook potatos over med high heat for 5-8 minutes or until they're cooked through (they start to shrink a lot). Stir occasionally to keep from browning too much. The moisture will begin to cook out of the potatos. You may have to add a little more olive oil.
- Once the potato is cooked through, use the bottom of your spatula to flatten the potatos into the bottom of the pan. Cook that way until the bottom of the potato pancake is dark brown.
- Flip the entire potato pancake (cut if you need to before flipping) and repeat on the other side. Remove from pan when its done cooking. YUMM!
5 eggs (for 2 omelettes)
Shredded cheese, mexican blend
- Heat pan and coat with cooking spray.
- Scramble eggs in a bowl then pour into heated pan. Allow to cook for a few minutes or until you can flip it.
- Put cheese, tomato (if desired) on top. Once cooked, fold the omelette over onto itself and allow cheese to melt. Serve immediately with salsa on top (there is no salsa on ours, but normally we do this!).
Here's a picture of Donald's half eaten breakfast!