Monday, December 29, 2008

Better than Bisquick

I've come to hate bisquick. Everything that it makes tastes the same. So I'm on a quest to find the best recipies for biscuits, pancakes, waffles, and taco pie. Thus far, I have conqured biscuits:
Biscuits

  • 2 c flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 4 tbsp butter
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • Appx 3/4 cup milk

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 400.
  2. Mix the flour, baking powder, and softened butter in a bowl. If you wash your hands and use your fingers, its easier. Add salt.
  3. Add milk and mix together to form a dough. Flour the counter and dump the dough onto it, kneeding for 30 seconds. 
  4. Flatten with a rolling pin to 1 about 1/2in thick.  Cut biscuits to desired size.
  5. Bake 12 to 15 minutes.

No comments:

Pancake Bunny

Pancake Bunny
Sometimes, I don't know what I'm doing.