Saturday, December 13, 2008

Blondies

Donald needed something for his work potluck last week, and I didn't have a whole lot of time to whip up something awesome (like a typical guy, he gave me exactly 1 evening's notice). I found this recipe on smittenkitchen.com which is one of my favorite cooking blots. They're simple and basic, but act as a good base that you can add fun things to. Enjoy!

Blodies
The ones on the left have chocolate chips, the ones on the right have chopped walnuts.

Ingredients:
8 tbsp butter, melted
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup white flour
Pinch of salt

Directions: 
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Melt the butter in a pan, add the sugar, egg and vanilla. Stir until smooth.
  3. Add flour, salt to the mixture.
  4. Put in 8x8 pan, greased
  5. Bake 20-25 minutes or until the center is set
Suggested additions: 
- chocolate chips
- chopped nuts, toast them in cinnamon/spices for extra flavor
- raisins or other dry fruits

No comments:

Pancake Bunny

Pancake Bunny
Sometimes, I don't know what I'm doing.