Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Russian Tea Cakes

I love Christmas cookies but I don't generally go through the efford to make 30 different ones. These are a family favorite and I've gotten Donald to love them too.  They are a little dry and best served with tea or coffee. My grandmother used to make these all the time.


Russian Tea Cakes

Ingrdients:

1 cup butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla
6 tbsp confectioners sugar 
2 cups of flour
1 cup chopped walnuts
extra confectioners sugar to decorate

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Cream butter and vanilla, add sugar and stir until creamy
3. Slowly add flour to the mixture, it will be very dry and cumbly
4. Add walnuts and mix
5. Using your hands, press dough into balls, place onto baking sheet
6. Bake 12 minutes or until the outside looks dry
7. Allow to cool for 10 minutes, then roll each cookie in the confectioners sugar

NOM! Enjoy!

No comments:

Pancake Bunny

Pancake Bunny
Sometimes, I don't know what I'm doing.